MLK Dream Team Purpose
At the heart of Dr. King’s philosophy was the concept of service. He sought to forge the common ground on which people from all walks of life could join together as equals to address important community issues. The MLK Dream Team is the coming together of a diverse group of volunteers to promote the ideologies of Dr. King.
Founded in 2003, the purpose of the MLK Dream Team is to stimulate, promote and foster harmonious relationships among all people; to provide a venue for candid dialogue; to develop and sponsor community activities and educational programs for youth and adults; to promote and facilitate services for those in need through a network of organizations; to dispel racial stereotypes and intolerance; and to be an activist for non-violent social change. MLKDT Bylaws Approved October 2016.
MLK Dream Team: Officers
WaTasha Barnes Griffin, YWCA
Yvonne Thompson, City of Muncie Human Rights Commission
Becki Clock, Retired, Christian Ministries
Dr. Beth Messner, Ball State University Department of Communication
Susan Fisher, Muncie Public Library
- Becki Clock, Retired, Christian Ministries
- Dr. Beth Messner, Ball State University
- Beth Quarles, Future Choices
- Dr. Charles Payne, Retired, Ball State University
- DiLynn Phelps, Muncie Community Schools & NAACP
- Edward McNeary, Retired Auto Industry & NAACP
- Janice Whitt, Retired Community Member
- Jim Flatford, United Way of Delaware County
- Joy Rediger, Urban Light Church
- Keith Doudt, Retired, A Better Way of Del. Co.
- Tamika Wilson, Muncie Community Schools
- Dr. Kendra Lowery, Ball State University
- LaKeyta Brown, Open Door Health Services
- Mary Dollison, Retired, Motivate Our Minds
- Rhonda Ward, Muncie Community Schools
- Dr. Ruby Cain, Ball State University
- Duane Clemens, Ivy Tech
- Susan Fisher, Muncie Public Library
- Dr. Terry Whitt Bailey, Community Activist
- WaTasha Barnes-Griffin, YWCA Central Ind.
- Yvonne Thompson, City of Muncie
- Jared Quarles, Future Choices
- Dr. Melinda Messineo, Ball State University
- Angela Guerva-Nickoli, Ball State University